Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring Day Layout

Wednesday, May 11, 2011
While I'm writing this, the weather outside is really cloudy and starting to rain a little bit, and I can feel the cool breeze. Finally! It was HOT {like the Summer heat} for the last few days, and I'm so glad the weather changed for the better. What a Spring day.

Today, I'll be showing you a layout about Spring. The pictures were taken last Spring of 2010.
When I was working on this project, I kept hoping for beautiful and nice Spring Days. I'm not ready for Summer yet.

Anyway, today's layout is based on a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.
Here's the sketch,


and here's my version of the sketch,



It's SOO SPRINGY...! 
The closer look,



For this project..I did something that I've never done before {you heard me right}. I used Rubs-on {for the first time} all over the layout. It was pretty interesting..and I {kinda} liked it. And I'm sure...I'm going to use more of it now. 

Well, that's all for today. I'm going to eat some pizzas and watch a movie with my kids. Rainy day is a lazy day in my household. 

Until then scrapper. 
Have a good rest of the week.
Hugs,



Supplies:
Cardstocks: CTMH colors: Tulip, Sorbet and Creme Brulee
Patterned Paper: American Craft ~ Dear Lizzy Collection
Rubs On: Basic Grey ~ Offbeat
               American Craft ~ Dear Lizzy Mini Marks - Pounce Phrase
Flairs: American Craft ~ Dear Lizzy - Springy and Smiley
Flowers: American Craft ~ Dear Lizzy - Layered Flower Embellishment Details
Journaling Sticker: American Craft ~ Dear Lizzy - Remark Flicker
Alphabets: Making Memories ~ Little Letters - Brown
Embellishments: Cloth pin and Blings from Michaels

8 comments:

  1. Hi!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the kind comment. =)
    You did a great interpretation of the sketch and I think the rubons look great. You definitely should use them more. you used on of my favorite paper lines and embellies.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tenny
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments. I love your work too. I can't believe this is the first time you have used rub-ons because they look fantastic. Love your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the fab embellies you chose! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous!! I just love your style. This page is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! I love how your flourishes when outside the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute and fun layout, Tenny! love all the pretty details. fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the little touches you put into your pages.
    Hugs,
    Sami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your craftilicious comments.

Tenny's Crafted Life © 2014