Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fathers' Day Gift Project

Sunday, June 12, 2011
Hi everyone and Happy Sunday.

A week from today we'll be celebrating Fathers' Day. So today, I'm going to show you a special project that I made for my husband.

This project is also my very first creation for Sentimental Sundays Design Team. And this week challenge {#59} is to create something related to Fathers' Day or you can make a Masculine Card.

So, without further ado..here's my project.


the closer looks,



This is {also} my first time working with canvas. It's not much different than regular scrapbooking, except this one is a lot of mod podging to seal the paper and picture.

The size of the canvas is 11x14, and I got it from Michaels when they're on sale. I used a sketch from Artful Delight June Sketch Challenge as a guidance. A simple sketch and totally rocks.

I really love how this project turned out, and my husband loves it so much too {it's kinda hard to keep this one a secret, he always gives me feedback and suggestion on my work}.
If you haven't tried scrapbooking on a canvas, you should give it a try. It's FUN!.

I'd like to submit this for the following challenges:
The Paper Variety ~ For the Guys Challenge
Artful Delight Kit ~ June Sketch Challenge
Polkadot Door Designs ~ June Inspiration Challenge {elements: Scribble Tiles}

Well, that's all for today. All I need to do now is making a Fathers' Day card.
Until then scrappers. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs,



Supplies:
Canvas: Artful Loft 11x14
Paints: Ranger Paint Dabber {Pearl}, Craft Smart {Ivory}, TH Crackled Paint {Fired Brick}
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Life is Good Collection
Cardstock: Paper Studio {Kraft}
Stickers: Echo Park Life is Good Collection
Heart Chipboard: Scrappy Cat Pajamas
Alphabets: Cosmo Cricket {Tiny Type}
                 Scribble Tiles from Michaels
Rhinestones: Imaginisce irock with Bazzil Jewel Template
Embellishments: TH idealogy - Philosophy Tags
                       

12 comments:

  1. love this canvas art Tenny! such a cute photo. thanks for sharing at TPV! :) consider taking a look at our DT call! http://thepapervariety.blogspot.com/p/join-team.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Tenny I just love how this turned out. Amazing.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card! WOW You just totally inspired me to do something like this for my hubby. There's so much detail on such a small space..LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your canvas turned out! The design and combo of papers, color, and embellishments are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the papers and embellies! thanks for sharing it with us at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scrapbooking, love your canvas Tenny! The heart and the flower look really fab! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teeny- your canvas project is fantastic! Love all your embellishments you used and the Scrabble tiles go very well! :)
    xo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Tenny!! And that photo is absolutely priceless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tenny,

    Your work as usual is stunning and elegant!!! You've done such an amazing job...Your husband is sure to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Tenny, it's fabulous. Just love it! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm... This could not be cuter.!.! Love the scrabble tiles - so hot right now! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Artful Delight!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your canvas art!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your craftilicious comments.

Tenny's Crafted Life © 2014