Thursday, February 16, 2012

You & Me ~ The Paper Variety Guest Designing

Thursday, February 16, 2012
I got a wonderful opportunity to be a guest designer over at The Paper Variety Challenge Blog. And as I mentioned before, this challenge blog is one of my fave. They have really great challenges as well as sponsors :D So....check them out!!!

Now...every month, they run 2 different challenges. And this month, I was guest designing for the second one. I was hoping for a sketch challenge..but it didn't happen. So...here's the challenge:


Photo Inspiration ~ Use the photo above to create any projects. {FYI: I LOVE LOVE this movie, it's so cute, romantic, FUNNY...and OMG...LOVE the set ~ Ireland is Beautiful. If you haven't watched this movie, you should...after all this year is a leap year!!}
Things that can inspire you from this photo:
  1. Color Combo ~ green/grey/white combination
  2. Engagement/Wedding Theme
  3. Project featuring a couple
  4. Include a froggie {Leap}
  5. Use a movie theme
  6. Irish Theme {the movie is set in Ireland}

At the beginning...I really struggled with this. This was {literally} totally a challenge for myself. I'm so comfortable using sketches...and when I'm given other than that..I'm lost {LOL}.
After 2 days gathering papers and embellishments and looking for the right picture...here's what I came up,



I used the color combo and 'the couple' ideas from the photo. And...I didn't use any sketches for this page. I just went with the flow...and I really LOVE the way it came out.

Anyway...I had a FUN and great time doing this and I hope you give this challenge a try too and who knows you could win a great prize from the sponsor, Apron Strings Designs.

Well...that's all for today.
Happy Scrapping to you all!!!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG I love this so much. This picture of you and Leo are just so adorable.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great layout. Love the lil cluster of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this challenge. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job with the challenge! Beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout showcasing the gorgeous photo just perfectly.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your craftilicious comments.

Tenny's Crafted Life © 2014