Saturday, February 25, 2012

Journey ~ Canvas Create January 2012

Saturday, February 25, 2012
I tried to remember the first time I came across to Donna Downey's blog, but I couldn't. All I can remember are ..I  LOVE her style and herself in person.  She's the coolest and most talented artist. She's funny and a free-spirited person. Love her!! I hope one day...I get to meet her.

Every Wednesday, she releases a new 'inspiration' video. I learn a lot and I'm ready to give this new adventure a try...

Ok...so, let me back up a little bit. Donna Downey is a Mixed Media artist. She works with lots of different mediums, canvases, acrylic paints, watercolors, stamps {the list goes on and on}. Now, on the other hand, I'm new and not really familiar with this mixed media. I LOVE paints and stencils and that kind of things...but I have never ever tried the techniques Donna uses.

This past January, she launched a new club called "Canvas Create" 2012. Basically, it's a month to month tutorial and learning experience.


Click here


I decided to join...and although a little bit late....here's my canvas for January,


It doesn't look anything like Donna's Canvas...but hey...it's mine and I'm totally psych about this :D LOL {can you tell the excitement..}

Seriously, at first...I didn't know what I was doing. I was confused. And I remember what Donna said...'don't think about it...just do it!!!'

Anyway, here's some more pictures.



For this canvas, I picked the word 'JOURNEY'. My daily life is a journey, and when I decided to learn this mixed media...it's a new journey...so, that is the reason I used the word 'journey'.

I've received and watched the material/tutorial for February Canvas. It's another exciting one. I can't wait to get started...I just need to buy a couple of things.

Well, thanks for letting me share my new adventure with you all. Let me know what you think. I enjoy reading your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend.
 

2 comments:

  1. It is absolutely Gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenny you did an amzing job and I completely agree when she says to "not think about it, just do it" Can't wait to see what you do next!!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your craftilicious comments.

Tenny's Crafted Life © 2014